Do you need to hire a space for a course or community club you are running? For a Party or a Conference? For one off events or regular weekly / monthly bookings. All available at competitive rates, and free parking included.
We have lots of space available on our site, both within our Stanhope Community Centre and in the main Bridge Street Church Building.
The rooms are available from 9am to 10pm each day, and access to the building will be agreed at the time of booking.
The Spaces we have for hire are:
Stanhope Centre: – The Centre is on two floors, with toilet and kitchen facilities on each floor of the building. It has a Electronic Fire Alarm system, and security alert alarm on the door, so you will always know if someone has entered the building. There is an accessibility Toilet on each floor, as well as an accessible Lift to facilitate all users to be able to use all parts of the centre. The Stanhope centre has its own car park which can be made exclusively available to you if you book the whole centre for your event. All the rooms in Stanhope cost £12.50 per hour, per room. For £5 extra per day we can make our fast and reliable Wifi network available for your use during the booking.
- Small Hall – This room is a multipurpose Hall Style room, with adjacent Kitchen (with serving hatch). The capacity of the room is 60 people seated around tables or 80 conference style without tables. Tables can be set up in Cafe Style, U-Shape or Board Room Style. We have a 42″ Wide Screen Flat Screen TV installed in this room, which can be used to display Powerpoint Presentations, DVD’s and other Media – Connected via HDMI cables.
- Counselling Suite / Boardroom – This room in on our 2nd floor, above the small hall. It can be set up with the comfy sofas / chairs, or it can be set up in boardroom style with flexible chairs and tables. This room has an adjacent Kitchen. It has a TV and DVD player should you wish to watch a DVD, but currently this does not support connection to a computer. The capacity of this room is 12 – 20 depending on the setup of the room.
- Upper Small Meeting Room / Office – This is a small meeting room on the 2nd floor of our Stanhope Centre. It has some small coffee tables and a flexible number of folding chairs can be made available in the room. Comfortably this room will hold 5 or 6 people, but it is ideal for 1, 2, 3 or 4 people meeting together.
Bridge Street Methodist Church: – The 19th century Methodist Chapel is more than just a picturesque Worship Space, with characterful wooden pews, 10ft high preaching pulpit and balcony space. It also has available a fully fitted kitchen, larger upper room / hall, and a small choir snug, which can all be hired, either separately or together if you have a large conference.
- Main Worship Space – This room has a capacity of 350, if the main floor and balcony seating is all used. Please note that the Wooden boxed pews are fixed in place, so this space has to be used largely as it is currently set out. However, with our 3 40″ HD screens, and state of the art sound system, this makes for a wonderful Conference venue, especially with the large car park that can be made available should need dedicated parking spaces for your delegates. This space costs £25 per hour.
- Upper Room / Hall – This space is upstairs, and can be accessed via our internal accessibility lift, or via the characterful victorian stair cases to the left and right of the building. The Upper Room will hold 50 – 70 given different potential setup styles, like cafe style, boardroom, and conference seating. There is also a small kitchen in the upper room which is ideal for serving catering in the same room. This space costs £12.50 per hour.
Bridge Street Methodist Church does not provide catering, but you are more than welcome to have your own caterers use our kitchen facilities whilst your using our rooms for your booking.
Please note: due to Methodist regulations, no alcohol is allowed on the premises, at any time, we Thank You for your co-operation in this matter.
For more details please contact our booking Secretary, using the enquiry form below: